The Desert Spa at Villa del Arco – A unique spa experience
Situated on the tip of the Baja Peninsula, the Desert Spa basks under a bright blue sky surrounded by the Sea of Cortez and the mountains. This remarkable setting creates the ideal environment for a memorable spa experience.
Our 31, 000 square foot spa and fitness center offers a host of indulgences to refresh the mind, body and soul. Guests can enjoy massages, body wraps, facials, hydrotherapy, couples’ experiences and a full service beauty salon, as well as a la carte services and special spa packages.
With the Desert Spa’s exclusive line of desert-inspired body products, guests will be wrapped, bathed and pampered with extracts of agave, lime, nopal, melon and vanilla. Using fruit and herb extracts native to the Baja California area, the spa’s body products have been specifically developed for the restorative and nutritive powers they possess – and for the enjoyment they provide spa guests.
Designed in Mexican Hacienda style, the Desert Spa insets into Los Cabos’ timeless merger of desert and sea by complementing its natural setting with earth tones, ample natural light, and the scents and flavors of Baja. Among its spectrum of contemporary amenities are generous hydrotherapy centers for men and women including a spacious Jacuzzi, cold plunge pool, cold pressure showers, body temperature pool, steam room and sauna.
- Separate men’s and women’s hydrotherapy centers with spacious Jacuzzi, cold plunge pool, cold pressure showers, body temperature pool, steam room, sauna and showers
- Separate men’s and women’s relaxation rooms
- Seventeen indoor treatment rooms
- Two exclusive VIP treatment suites with private Jacuzzi and shower
- Spa boutique
- Full-service beauty salon
- Seven treadmills
- Four elliptical bikes
- Three stationary bikes
- One multi-purpose station
- Four free weight stations
- Yoga/Pilates studio with classes
- Personal training
- Lockers and showers
Hours of Operation
- Spa – 8am to 9pm Monday through Saturday and 8am to 8pm on Sunday
- Fitness Center – 7am to 9pm Monday through Saturday and 7am to 8pm on Sunday
Memberships: Member ISPA
- Fitness center facilities are reserved for those 16 years of age and older only
- A 15% service charge will be automatically added to your bill. This amount is given to your service provider(s). Additional gratuities are appreciated but not expected.
- Room charge and all major credit cards are accepted as a form of payment at the Desert Spa. As a company policy, cash is not accepted as a form of payment.
- We request the courtesy of six (6) hours notice in the event you need to reschedule or cancel your appointment. Otherwise, 50% of the treatment charge will apply.
- The hotel will not be responsible for any lost or stolen objects during your visit to the Desert Spa. We strongly recommend that you do not bring valuables with you to the facility.
- Guests arriving late for scheduled appointments may not receive full treatment time.
- Gift certificates are available for all services.
- Members of the hotel will enjoy a 15% discount on all individual spa services and a 5% discount on spa packages.
- No other promotion may be added to member discounts.
What time should I arrive for my spa service?
We encourage you to arrive a minimum of 30 minutes prior to your treatment and enjoy our extensive hydrotherapy circuit to relax before your spa service. Arriving late will limit the time for your treatment, thus lessening its effectiveness and your pleasure. Whether you arrive on time or not, your treatment will end at the scheduled time so that the next scheduled guest is not delayed. Please note that if you arrive late, you will still be charged the full price of your treatment.
What should I wear for my massage/spa service?
We provide spa robes and slippers for your comfort while at the Desert Spa. It is customary to wear just your robe to your service, although undergarments may be worn if preferred. You will be given the opportunity to disrobe and cover yourself in privacy. During all treatments, the body is fully draped except for the area being addressed. The separate men’s and women’s spa areas are clothing-optional environments.
What to bring?
We recommend that you do not bring valuables with you, as the spa and hotel will not be responsible for any item lost or stolen during your visit to our spa. Since the Desert Spa accepts room charge as a form of payment, there is no need to carry cash or credit cards to the facility.
How should I spend my “relaxing time” after I check in for my service?
Enjoy the “healing water” ritual utilizing our whirlpools, cold plunge, pressure showers, sauna and steam room. Being in a relaxed state before your spa service will allow you to enjoy and benefit from your treatment much more. The spa attendant will escort you to the relaxation room at the time of your appointment. All guests are required to shower before using the wet areas and/or having a spa service.
When do I pay?
For your own convenience, we will ask you to sign your bill before you spa treatment so that you will not have to wait in line to pay once you are ready to leave the facility.
What is the customary gratuity?
A 15% service charge will be automatically added to your bill. This amount is given to your service provider(s). Additional gratuities are welcomed, but not expected. If you feel that your service provider(s) did not perform to your desired standard, let us know after your treatment and we will cancel the 15% gratuity.
What do I do when my massage/spa service is over?
We suggest that you drink water or our special tea to hydrate your body and enable your system to flush out toxins (this is especially important after a body wrap).You are welcome to sit in one of our lounge chairs and/or use our hydrotherapy pools for as long as you desire. Take your time. Enjoy the moment!
Please do not hesitate to ask any other questions you might have to our spa concierges or attendants.